BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES
In this area of my practice, I represent banks, credit unions and financial service companies in compliance, operations, fraud, data security, general banking matters and consumer credit matters. The work that I do for my clients includes:
- Providing legal advice, assistance and recommendations to personnel in the following departments:
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Ensuring that digital and written marketing materials comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Ensuring that applications for credit and fulfillment materials such as cardholder agreements and changes in terms comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Working with bank regulators on compliance examinations and audits to resolve compliance related issues
- Providing training on business, commercial and consumer credit issues including those that relate to credit cards and the protection of confidential information.
- Reviewing marketing, customer services and operations policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and assisting with the implementation of new marketing, operational and customer service programs to ensure continued compliance.
- Reviewing, drafting and providing commentary on proposed legislation that affects the operations of banks, credit unions and financial service companies.
- Providing legal advice and assistance on consumer credit matters related to the Truth in Lending Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act and other statutes that govern the extension of consumer credit.
- Representing individuals in consumer credit matters related to the unauthorized use of credit cards, identity theft and privacy.