CYBERSECURITY AND DATA BREACHES
In this area of my practice, I represent businesses, banks, credit unions, financial service companies and individuals in data security, cyber threat, data breaches and cyber insurance matters. The work that I do includes:
- Giving presentations that address the current state of the law, as it pertains to data breaches and cybersecurity, data security measures that have been found to be commercially reasonable or unreasonable and cyber insurance.
- Educating staff on cybersecurity related matters.
- Providing legal advice and assistance regarding cyber threats that companies face.
- Developing policies and procedures for data security.
- Developing data breach response plans.
- Provide legal advice and assistance regarding vendor management programs and potential third party impacts on data security.
- Reviewing and providing legal advice on cyber insurance policies.
- Providing legal advice, assistance and representation throughout all phases of a company’s response to a data breach including:
- Complying with state statutes that require notification to affected persons.
- Defending lawsuits and third party inquiries and investigations (e.g., FTC, state attorneys general) resulting from or relating to the breach.
- Assistance and advice on insurance coverage issues and claims.